Laphroaig® 10 Year Old
The original Laphroaig, distilled the same way today as when Ian Hunter invented it over 75 years ago.
In making Laphroaig, malted barley is dried over a peat fire. The smoke from this peat, found only on Islay, gives Laphroaig its particularly rich flavour.
Those enjoying the 10 Year Old will first notice the bold, smoky taste, followed by a hint of seaweed and a surprising sweetness. This full-bodied variant is the foundation of all Laphroaig expressions and comes with a long finish.
COLOUR: Full sparkling gold.
- 2013 SF World Spirits Competition – Double Gold Medal
- 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition – Silver Medal
- 2013 International Spirits Challenge – Silver Medal
- 2011 SF World Spirits Competition - Double Gold medal
- 2010 International Wine & Spirit Competition – Silver Medal
Huge smoke, seaweedy, "medicinal", with a hint of sweetness.
Suprising sweetness with hints of salt and layers of peatiness.